Communication and Events Officer
Alliance Française de Perth is the leading French language school in Perth, providing high quality language
instruction at all levels (complete beginners to advanced), and offering a wide range of cultural events for its members, including the
yearly Alliance Française French Film Festival
Alliance Française de Perth is looking for a highly motivated and dynamic individual with a strong sense of
responsibility to support the organisation. This is a high exposure position which requires independent thinking, self-discipline and
professionalism. The Events and Communications Officer will be in charge of course-related communications, including social media, website,
and cultural event campaigns. In addition, they will be responsible for all aspects of event organisation - including budgeting, reporting,
travel arrangements - organised by Alliance Française. The Events and Communications Officer will report to the Culture Manager.
COMMUNICATION: the Communication and Events Officer reviews, develops, and delivers AF’s
communication material (online and print) for language course and cultural activities.
Website and CRM software (Oncord)
- Update the website on a regular basis and remove outdated content
- Suggest improvement in current website architecture
- Analyse key metrics and give recommendations afterwards
- Manage the CRM software (Oncord)
- Manage the editorial content on social media platforms
Engage the fans, followers, and partners in an interactive way with the target of increasing the fanbase through an effective and innovative
strategy and punctual promotion campaigns
- Prepare and manage a weekly calendar for publications on social media
- Monitor and analyze social performance and prepare recommendations
- Write press releases and communicate with the media
Newsletter and emailing (via Oncord)
- Collect content for newsletters and mailings to be sent every 1st day of the month
- Update the list of subscribers monthly
- Send reminders to the mailing list when required
Graphic design and content
Create, edit and update visual content for AF’s cultural projects and language course offer for both print and online communications. Manage
the printing of posters, flyers, brochures at AF or in collaboration with the local printery
Define and implement graphic patterns to strengthen AF’s visual identity in the long term, following AF’s guidelines and graphical charter
to make sure there is continuity and consistency in the marketing material
- Adapt each content to different formats depending on targets: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, prints, etc.
EVENTS: the Communication and Events Officer supports the logistics of physical and/or online public and closed-door events
Participating in planning and organising the events offered by Alliance Francaise de Perth such as Festivals, Concerts, Exhibitions,
Conferences, social activities, and workshops.
- Looking for sponsorships and fundraising to balance the events’ budgets
Preparing the logistics for all events: material and equipment production, run sheets; and liaising with event partners (venues,
caterers, content providers, etc.)
- Looking after artists needs
- Improving the quality and quantity of events to increase number of attendees.
- C1 French Level certified
- 2 years with similar responsibilities
The applicant should have:
- Demonstrated ability to build positive working relationships
- Good interpersonal communication
- Demonstrated organisational skills
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office pack & Adobe Suites are essential
- Driving Licence Pass
- Police Check
ACADEMIC LEVEL REQUIRED
- Must hold a relevant Tertiary Qualification in Communication or Web design/Graphic design
- Marketing & Customer service background would be appreciated
- Part-time contract - 30h/week
- This position is covered by the Educational Services (Post-Secondary) Award.
- The candidate must have full rights to work in Australia
Apply by sending a cover letter and resume to Frédérique
Antoine, Education & Culture Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.